Saturday, August 1, 2009

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

I hate making decisions. I hate deciding were to go to dinner, or what movie to see. I hate deciding what to cook for dinner, but I think the thing I hate most are the decisions I have to make that affect my kids. I hate having so many different choices and opportunities that are out there and knowing if I pick the wrong thing than I could scar them for life. So this year I had to decide if I leave Sara in public school or do I switch her to a charter school. All of her friends are in public school, but there are programs that the charter school offers that I think will benefit her. Will she be left out if we switch her by the girls in the neighborhood. When I was little my mom didn't have these decisions, there was one school. And it is good we can decide but man it is hard.

Then Tyler got asked to play on a different baseball team, so do we switch??? Do we hurt friends feelings by switching to a better team that will help him get better??? Is it worth it??? It seems like all summer long I have been faced with decisions like this. It would be so much easier if it was between a good thing and bad thing, but when both choices are good with different pros and cons man it can be challenging. I just wish I had a magic ball that told me immediately what to do in situations like this. But I guess I have to be patient and keep praying and hope I make the right choices.

No comments: