Saturday, November 14, 2009

Garage Problems

This afternoon, I had to pick up Sara from ALA at 4 p.m. so at 3:45 I opened the garage to a get in the van to drive through the blizzard to get her. But plans changed when the garage door would only go up a fourth of the way. Crap! What am I going to do??? So I closed the garage and tried opening it again, nothings. So I tried lifting the garage door, but I forgot to turn into She Ra before trying and failed miserably. So now what??? Then all of a sudden the door fell. Well I guess I am stuck.

So I called my brother to pick up Sara. Called my dad to see if he could help. He came over and lifted the garage door so I pull the van out, and told me the main spring snapped. Great!!! So I called Craig at work to tell him the problem.

While all this was happening, my siblings were all going on dates, which means I have 10 kids in my house right now. Sara had another program so I had to call my trusty neighbor/babysitter to come and sit with all the rug rats so I could take and pick up Sara.

How grateful I am for friends and family. You just can't do it alone.!!!

4 comments:

Kailee Anne said...

That stinks Jill! Our garage door is broken too! If you find someone who is good and fair priced to fix yours call me and let me know who. I hate having to lift it by hand....but I am getting big muscles in the process!

Kailee Anne said...

Whoops I guess I'm under Kailees account....it's me that left the last message-Jodi

Amy said...

Hey Jill, This is Amy Walters. Next time you need Sara picked up, just call me! I live RIGHT next to ALA!

emily said...

oh man! I had the SAME problem this summer with our garage door. I was on my way to scouts!! Haha! I called it my "home improvement" project. If you haven't got it fixed, call me and I'll give you a name of a great company!