Sunday, April 26, 2009

I can't see

On Thursday April 24th, while Sara was at school, she was running during recess and got dizzy. She fell down on the ground and when someone came to help her up, she told them that she couldn't see anything out of her left eye, and her right eye was blurry. The school called our house and Craig told them he would be over. School was getting out in 20 minutes so he waited so he could get everyone. On Monday, we had taken Sara to the doctors for a sinus infection. Well things weren't getting better and so on Thursday morning we called and got her an appointment for 3:30 that day. So after Craig got the kids home from school, and Ben, Nicole, and Ty situated he took Sara to her appointment. I was drug testing during all of this and Craig was communicating to me what was going on.

I finished testing at 3:45, so I was heading to the doctors to be with Craig and Sara, when Sara realized she forgot her homework at the school, so I told her I would go get it, then pick up Nicole from dance, and meet them at home. I was thinking that her sinus infection was causing her eyes to do silly things and that everything would be fine. Well at 5 p.m. after dropping off Anna home from dancing, Amy called me and said I have Ben. I told her to bring him to me at home, and she informed me that Dr. Bennett was setting up with the hospital for Sara to go and get a CT Scan. I was so surprised. Craig hadn't said anything like this to me when we had talked, so I rushed down to the doctors office.

We went over to Mountain View, had the Scan done, and waited forever, while the radiologist looked at the film. Well I know why it took forever, because this is when they found the mass in Sara's brain. We were all in shock! My mom was already at the hospital with us, since she works in Xray there, and soon my dad and sister Amy were there with us. We all stayed pretty calm, especially around Sara. We didn't want to flip her out, especially after the long day she had already and the not so fun time we had putting the IV in. She hates needles, and I think everyone in the entire hospital knew that as well.

When we discussed the situation we would always leave her watching t.v. in the waiting room and we went else where. Dr. Bennett came over shortly after finding out the results, and told us tomorrow we would be heading up to Primary's and that he would call us tomorrow morning with the time we had to be there.

On the way home there wasn't much talking. We all were just shocked and Sara kept asking what was wrong. We knew we had to tell her, but figured it was best know to let her get a good nights rest for the long day we would be having tomorrow. Since it was now 10:30 p.m., and she had been with doctors since 3:30 that day, we knew we were being smart.

Craig dropped me off at the house, so I could call family and friends, while he and Sara drove up to Amys to get everyone else. Then at 11 I had to go drug testing, so Craig got the kids to bed and started doing his RC Willey friends and family stuff, while my sister Amy came over to help me finish the teacher appreciation door stuff. At 1:30 p.m. we decided it was time to go to sleep.


This is Sara at home after having the CT scan. This picture was actually taken the next morning before heading up to Primary's.

No comments: