Saturday, July 25, 2009

Fun day with cousins and friends

I had to babysit my sisters kids on July 3rd and it was such a hot day that the boys wanted to play in the water. They found these water guns, and Ty was so nice because he just sat there and let them get him wet.

While the boys were in the water, the girls were inside making up funny skits. Everyone was laughing so hard. It is fun when cousins can do things together.
That night we took the older kids and the Woohouses and went to hike the Y. I haven't hiked the Y since I was 18. The kids were excited and ready for the challenge.
Craig and Nicole after a few hills.
Sara and Whitnee were exhausted after this hill. Unfortunately for them we were just beginning.
The boys were tough. They could have hiked it in a half hour or so. I told them that the BYU football team have to run it and so of course they had to as well.
The girls taking the a break.
The side view of the whole Y.
We all made it to the top!!! What a fun, hot day. While we were on the Y, we heard the Jonas Brothers practicing a song from the Stadium.
The view from the Y.



After the hike, we decided we needed to cool off with ice cream sundaes. Yum! Yum!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

What a fun family activity! I have not hiked the Y since highschool when Rich and Dustin Larsen hiked it earlier in the day and stashed roses and romantic music (how funny is that?!) and then we hiked later that night with them. Oh the memories!!!! One of these times I will have to hike it again with my kiddos.