Sunday, December 20, 2009

Countdown to Christmas

We love Christmas! A friend of mine gives a child an envelope to open day during the month of December with an activity to do as a family. Like reading a book, seeing Christmas lights, your choice of what to have for dinner, etc. So two years ago I started doing the same with my kids. And this year we added this to the countdown. Instead of the kids opening an envelope, they get to remove the number of the day it is, and inside the muffin tin slot is a paper with the activity on it. They open this up in the morning and than at night they . . . .
get to open a Christmas present that is under the tree. There are 24 wrapped books under the tree, and each night before we go to bed that child gets to unwrap the book to see what story we get to read.


It has been so fun to do as a family. I love traditions.

4 comments:

Our Family Adventures said...

WHat a great idea! I just might have to copy this one for next year :)

ginacrotts.jamberrynails.net said...

i love it! again SUPER mom. u make the rest of us look bad! lol

emily said...

I love this! I would love to have a copy! Great Job Jill!

Amy said...

You have so many fun traditions!!! I wish I had the energy to do all that you do.