Thursday, December 24, 2009

Nicoles Eyes

A week ago we took Ben to the eye doctor and Nicole to the dentist. Well at the eye doctor, Nicole decided that she couldn't see. Craig would hold up one finger and she would say he was holding up two. She played around for a couple of days, but we didn't think anything about it, until....

I received this note from her school teacher...

Jill,
I'm a little concerned about Nicole's numbers. I pulled her back one on one to go over her telling time test and found that she is really mixed up on her numbers. I wrote a # 1 and she said it was 2. I had her write her numbers from 1 to 10 and it was all mixed up.

This is an example of the attached paper with her numbers
1, 2, 4, 5, 9, 3, 3,0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1.....

I don't remember this being a problem before!? Will you talk to her and is if everything is fine.
Thanks,
Tammy

I looked at her telling time test and she missed everyone, and she missed everything on her homework. So I had a talk with her. She told me a girl put a pencil in her face and she couldn't see any more. I told her that we had to get her eyes fixed and take her to the doctors than because I know she is smart enough to do this homework, and the test, so we need to go get xrays done.

She told me Santa could bring her glasses. After more talking and crying I told her to go in the kitchen and write her numbers to 20, while I ran over to the neighbors. I can't believe she did this to her teacher.

Well when I got home from the neighbors, her eyes were Magically better. She redid her tests and homework and got 100 % on them, and she is all better.

Oh I am in big trouble, especially since she was smart enough to keep this trick going for a while. She is a smarty pants.

3 comments:

Jodi Gallagher said...

That is so stinkin funny! You are in trouble for sure! She sure cracks me up!

ginacrotts.jamberrynails.net said...

lol! that is hilarious! oh man!

Melissa said...

She is going to give you a run for your money!!!