Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Being welcomed to the Old Farts Club

On January 7th, Craig turned the Big 40!!!! He was not looking forward to this at all!! In fact he wanted everyone to forget that he even existed. So me being the sweet wife that I am decided to respect his wishes and throw only a "small" family party. So on January 10th we invited family over for cake and ice cream. My parents showed up dressed up as old farts, and welcomed him into their club. They were decked out with the toupe, glasses, saggy boobs, canes, basically the works. My parents as you can tell LOVE to dress up.

Craig is now officially apart of the "Club." He even inherited the toupe.
Ben patiently waited for cake time. On Craig's birthday Nicole ran to him and said, Happy Birthday Dad! I am glad you are 14 today. So that is why 14 is on the cake and not 40. Plus, I think it made Craig feel better.
Well, it was time to blow out the candles, so we took the cake from Ben. As you can tell he was very, very, very disappointed.

About a half hour into the party, there was a knock at the door. It was Gina who had come over to wish Craig a happy birthday. Craig had the strangest look on his face, because he figured she had come over to talk with me. It really threw him, when she went and sat down in the living room instead of coming in the kitchen with me where I was dishing out cake and ice cream. A few more minutes later the Schellhous's showed up and slowly more and more people came. Craig just looked at me laughing and said, small huh!!! He was shocked!!! It was a fun evening!!

5 comments:

Our Family Adventures said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the party!!!! The picture of your parents made me crack up! I will always remember them dressing up and going trick or treating. I have also told the story SO many times about your dad dressing up like the scarecrow and scaring all the kids that put their hand in the candy bowl!!! Your parents are Great!!! What a fun suprise for Craig, that sounds just like you! I can't WAIT to see you in April, I REALLY hope it is somewhat springlike......

Our Family Adventures said...

melissahjames@gmail.com I am pretty creative as well :)

Allie said...

He IS an old fart! But a really good one! Happy Belated Birthday my sort of brother...

ginacrotts.jamberrynails.net said...

Couldn't have worked out more perfectly for me to walk in first! Hilarious really. :)

The Claysons said...

Jill, your parents are hilarious! Your mom always was so much fun! I had a good laugh at the pictures. So cute!