Thursday, March 5, 2009

We truly have been blessed

This past year has been a big roller coaster. The past ten years of our marriage for the most part has been very stable, but this year has not been that. In October Craig was laid off and when this happens your mind seems to leave your body and you feel like you are just going in circles. I tried really hard to stay solid, because it was very difficult for Craig to accept that he was unemployed, especially after a month of searching daily to find nothing. But it seems when things like this happen in your life, you are blessed beyond comprehension. First, Craig's past employer decided to leave us on health insurance until Dec. 31st. What a blessing! Sara completed her last physical therapy session on the 29th of Dec. The cost of her medical bills without insurance would have been outstanding. Second, one day I checked the mail and there were two gift cards in an envelope with nothing on the card. I thought how sweet. I figured the cards had 20.00 dollars on them. Well when I got to Macey's to use the cards, there was 500.00 dollars on them. I sat there speechless. I never in my life had to have anything like this ever done for me. Last year in fact, we were the ones giving to others, so to be on the recieving end was very humbling. I have truly been blessed with amazing friends and family who are always there for us, helping us through whatever comes our way. I have no idea who did this for us, but we are truly grateful. These gift cards, helped so we could pay other bills, and not worry about every day neccessities. Third as I just mentioned we have been blessed with amazing friends and family. People in our lives who have called on the phone at just the right moment, or who invited Craig to come over and watch a game. When you have such a big thing like not having a job come into your life you don't realize how hard it impacts you until you have it happen to you. I can honestly say I am grateful for this happening to us. My eyes were truly open to what others are struggling with and how amazing and giving others are to help those in need. We gave in the past, but when we get on our feet the giving will intensify much more. I truly am sorry that I was so blinded by my own life that I hadn't been giving and helping those who were struggling more. I had my own family members without a job and when I would talk to my sister, she would tell me they were doing fine. The bad thing is I believed her. When the fact is, there were days she had no bread, no milk and they weren't getting paid for 2 to 3 days. I asked her about why she didn't tell me the truth, and she said she felt dumb. I promise I will never let something like this happen ever again. I will definately be more caring and considerate of others.

5 comments:

mena said...

Jill, what a really sweet and inspiring post. I can feel your pain also because we have had a really hard year ourselves. Heavenly Father is always on our side and we can get through the hard times. Thanks for sharing and welcome back to the blog world. I missed you.

Our Family Adventures said...

Jill, that was so touching to read. Your family will be in our prayers. I have been amazed how the experiences we are given, help us to know better to how to help others. You have a beautiful family.

Allie said...

You two are amazing people and deserve to be blessed! Thank you for reminding me of the many things that are important in my life. I loved this post.
p.s. I don't know if you ever visited my blog, but I had to go private because of a creepy blog stalker. If you want an invite, email me at peatyswea@yahoo.com.
---Allison Chambers

Jodi Gallagher said...

I love this post! You are wonderful! You are such a great friend and are always so positive! I am so lucky to have you as my friend! I hope Craigs job turns out to be great! Love ya

ginacrotts.jamberrynails.net said...

You are already the most considerate person I know! I love you girl!