Friday, March 6, 2009

I am finally updating- Craig got a job


My computer has been down for a while and so now it is catch up time. So Craig was feeling sick in December and so after much convincing he finally made a doctors appointment. Well the day of his appointment, I had 5 extra kids at my house and Sara had a Physical Therapy Appointment at the same time as his doctors appointment. So I had to have him reschedule. So the day of his 2nd appointment came around and he went down to the clinic. In the waiting room was a buddy of his who he runs with and they started talking. This friend of his owns his own business and was telling Craig that he was laying off a bunch of people and how hard things were right now. He asked how Craig was doing and he of course told him he was looking for work. This appointment was on the last day we had insurance, and Craig thought nothing of the conversation. Four or Five days later Craig got a phone call from him offering him a job, running part of a company that had been neglected for some time. The company was profitable at one time, but because of situations had turned sour. We were in shock. He was just laying off a bunch of people and now he was offering Craig a job. He told Craig to think about it and to get back with him next week.

For me it was like Yes!!!! Call him back right now and say you will start in 2 minutes. Not that I was wanting Craig to be out of the house, because truly at times it has been a huge blessing having him home. With all of Sara's doctor visits that past few months, I don't know how I would have done it if he was working. Yet at the same time I was ready for him to be out working, feeling confident in himself again and not so down. Finally, after a few weeks of playing phone tag they connected and he started working in the middle of January. Craig has a lot of work ahead of him, and at times it might not be the best job, but at least it is a pay check.

I guess through all of this I have to say I am truly grateful for Craig. Not that I wasn't before, but you see how people truly are during trials, and he is simply amazing. He has always provided for us so well, and has been an incredible father and husband. This trial has been very hard on him, because he felt like a loser not being able to provide for the family, and yet I would try to remind him that he has and is still so continuing to provide for us. With his past jobs we were able to save money, and therefore he was still providing. I can't imagine the pressures he was feeling during this time. But I guess it is like for us women when we are struggling with our responsibilities that we have as wives and mothers. Some days the weight of being the perfect wife and mother is very overwhelming. But I can truly say, Craig is simply amazing at how he kept his chin up and continued to press forward each day when he felt like there was a dark cloud over him. I love you so much!!!

2 comments:

mena said...

I am so happy that you guys have a job. I think the world of your family and wish you all good luck and happiness.
Trials aren't very fun are they?

Our Family Adventures said...

What a relief and a blessing. It is amazing when you look at the way the Lord uses timing. You have a wonderful family.