Saturday, June 6, 2009

180 degrees

Tues. April 28th, Sara was finally in her own p.j.'s, had no cords attached to her, and was managing to hold down some food. Good ole saltine crackers. We were all so excited.
I kept asking Sara if she wanted something more to eat. Basically begging her to eat something, and naming everything I could think of. Then the phone rang, it was Mindy. She told me to tell Sara she bought her a big container of strawberries from Costco, so to hurry home. After I told Sara want Mindy said, she looked at me and said mom I want strawberries. So we called room service and a few minutes later Sara was eating. Sara showing off her swollen hand from the IV's that were no longer in her. Yahoo!
Craig and Amy came to visit Sara this morning and brought Sara letters her class had made her.
This also helped her spirits immensely. She read them over and over. She has the best class anyone could ever ask for.
Sara finally free of cords, sleeping peacefully, in a very crazy position. But at least she is in HER p.j.'s, sleeping on HER pillow, to bad it isn't in HER bed. But she is a day closer to coming home.
Amy and Jill visit while Sara sleeps.
It is amazing, the power of medicine, friendship, love, and prayers. I never in a million years would have thought Sara would be acting the way she is today, with how yesterday went. We are truly blessed.

No comments: